Dear guests please register to be able to post and comment. Make sure to validate your account otherwise the unvalidated accounts will be automatically removed after 24 hours.

image.jpeg.4bd65c258f61668d307e07be99a1e6dd.jpeg

Apple recently announced their new macOS called macOS Sonoma. Apple has dropped support for many older Mac in macOS Sonoma.

Here is the list of devices that are officially supported by macOS Sonoma :

• iMac 2019 and later
  • Mac Pro 2019 and later
  • iMac Pro 2017
  • Mac Studio 2022 and later
  • MacBook Air 2018 and later
  • Mac mini 2018 and later
  • MacBook Pro 2018 and later
  •  

If you want to install macOS Sonoma on older Apple computers you have to use OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

Direct download link for macOS Sonoma beta public beta installer build 23A5286i:

macOS Sonoma Public Beta 1

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I updated my Kaby Lake rig to macOS Sonoma RC and I realized the reason for macOS update to fail was the Screen Saver, during the download and/or installing the update if Screen Saver activates it will result to update to fail.

So if anyone else has the same issue you need to disable the Screen Saver during the update process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

I updated my Kaby Lake rig to macOS Sonoma RC and I realized the reason for macOS update to fail was the Screen Saver, during the download and/or installing the update if Screen Saver activates it will result to update to fail.

So if anyone else has the same issue you need to disable the Screen Saver during the update process.

This was also my downfall but didn't think to mention it at the time. ?

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-09-13at05_45_42.png.ec28ccb12f458696f156aabf306d6162.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@eSaF

The Screen Saver was causing the issue with the previous beta as well but I didn't realize it was the culprit until last night with the RC.

Just goes to show no matter how much we think we know, there always will be something to prove otherwise. :classic_laugh:

Glad you figured it out. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to the official Sonoma release later today.

To be quite honest, I don't think there will be big changes from RC2 as it runs very stable on my system.

I am just hoping the OCLP Devs makes the process a more automated installation for Hacks than what we have now.

All in all, I am very happy and grateful for what they have given us thus far, so not going to complain.

• Like 2

Yeah I’m looking forward to the final release as well but on the OCLP aspect I’m not sure if they will change it much for the hacks since they are much more different than the Macs and there are tons of hardware variations to consider and main goal of OCLP is to support unsupported Macs not hacks using it on hacks is an extra bonus for us.

• Like 2