Dear guests please register to be able to post and comment. Make sure to validate your account otherwise the unvalidated accounts will be automatically removed after 24 hours.

Enable Boot Manager Support

• 5 months later...

Hi. I am running a late 2014 Mac Mini A1347 running the latest compatible OS. I installed the app, enabled the boot manager and rebooted. The Mac Mini now shows nothing after the chime. There is no boot manager, and the OS doesn't load, no matter how long I let it run. I am also unable to boot into the recovery screen. Any help would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, McNoob said:

Hi. I am running a late 2014 Mac Mini A1347 running the latest compatible OS. I installed the app, enabled the boot manager and rebooted. The Mac Mini now shows nothing after the chime. There is no boot manager, and the OS doesn't load, no matter how long I let it run. I am also unable to boot into the recovery screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there and welcome to the community.

You can reset the NVRAM by pressing down the Command+Option+P+R while turning the Mac mini on, keep the keys until you hear the chime once or twice this will remove the nvram value that loads the boot manager.

Preferably use a USB keyboard if you can.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.

I've tried resetting the NVRAM  using a Windows USB keyboard (Winkey+Alt+P+R). I've tried holding it in first and then starting up, starting up and holding as soon as the chime sounds and waiting until after the chime. I get the same behavior. Before installing the Boot Manager, I could use the key combinations, but now I just have a black screen after startup. Is there any other advice you can give?

@McNoob

In order to NVRAM reset to work using the key combination you need to hold the mentioned keys as soon as you power on the Mac and keep holding them until your Mac reboots and you see the Apple logo, I usually keep them until the Mac reboots two times and then release the keys.

Sometimes you can reset the NVRAM by removing the RAM modules and then reinstall them and turn on the Mac.

I couldn't reproduce the issue you described so I'm not sure why your Mac doesn't boot. I've tested the Enable Boot Manager on various Mac (iMacs, MacBook Pros and my old 2009 Mac mini) but it never failed to work.