Dear guests please register to be able to post and comment. Make sure to validate your account otherwise the unvalidated accounts will be automatically removed after 24 hours.

Ventura to Sonoma on iMac16,2 with OCLP 0.6.9

perez987

I was able to update Ventura with OCLP 0.6.7 to Sonoma on an iMac 21" late 2015 (iMac16,2) using OCLP 0.6.9 (early preview of macOS Sonoma). There have been no issues and everything has gone as expected.

This is the way I've done it.

1. Ventura

• download nightly build of OCLP 0.6.9 sonoma-development branch
  • replace OCLP 0.6.7 with 0.6.9
  • create the EFI folder from OCLP 0.6.9, leaving OCLP default settings
  • turn on macOS beta updates
  • upgrade to Sonoma.

2. Sonoma

• OCLP asks to root patch for Modern Wireless, not for iGPU Broadwell, the reason is that Broadwell requires KDK download and this is not possible without wifi and internet connection (I don't use Ethernet)
  • reboot >> there is wifi working but no graphics acceleration
  • OCLP asks to root patch for Broadwell iGPU + Modern Wireless, this time downloading KDK and applying patches
  • reboot >> there is wifi working and graphics acceleration.

So far everything I've tried seems to work fine, Sonoma has a similar smooth operation to Ventura.

Note: do not install OCLP version 0.6.8. To have wifi in Sonoma you have to install the nightly build from the sonoma-development branch, at least until both branches are merged.

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pull/1077#issuecomment-1646934494

Spoiler

imac162-sonoma.png.7d082e853ac8d2b1c4b536953c158ce9.png

• Like 3