Dear guests please register to be able to post and comment. Make sure to validate your account otherwise the unvalidated accounts will be automatically removed after 24 hours.

Intel NUC problem and tuning EFi folder

first sorry on my english...

i Use Intel nuc10i5FNH and eGpu Asus, below i will add info:)

-->  i use for eGpu Razer Core X; https://www.razer.com/gaming-egpus/razer-core-x and GPU Asus Tuf RX6900XT 16g gaming; https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/tuf-gaming/tuf-rx6900xt-o16g-gaming/

--> i will replace Samsung 980pro with WD BLACK SN850x 1TB
     and also rams with CT2K32G4SFD832A

so i have problems with:
--> I have error appears in the system report in the EFI folder;

00:000 00:000 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
00:007 00:007 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image-key 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

00:041 00:009 AAPL: #[EB.CFG.DEV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV booter-strict-xmlparser 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

00:041 00:009 AAPL: #[EB.CFG.DEV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV booter-strict-xmlparser 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

--> also, time to time occasionally freezes

--> and in my bios, all the time show UTC time, even if i fix it.. i can try with RU sofftware (https://ruexe.blogspot.com/) but i should know where i need go..

overall my NUC work, not solid rock but work:) but i wish tuning EFI folder

TNX for any HELLP:)

BR Seba

Edited by Sebseb
  • Like 1

one more info, for now, i use Sonoma, but only temporary.. all problem above i had on Monterey and also now in Sonoma..
i will make fresh install but i do not know if i go on Monterey or Ventura or Sonoma (i know that Sonoma have problem with intel wifi)

I don’t think you’re going to need the RTCMemoryFixup unless you experience the BIOS reset issues on boot

The CPUFriend and HibernationFixup might be helpful but they are not necessary in most cases.

• Thanks 1

" i don’t think you’re going to need the RTCMemoryFixup unless you experience the BIOS reset issues on boot" --> more or less, i have problem with time in bios, all the time shove me UTC, i need UTC+1, unless if it is irrelevant for mac and solid work, then i would not complicate

"The CPUFriend and HibernationFixup might be helpful but they are not necessary in most cases. " --> OK

1 minute ago, Sebseb said:

" i don’t think you’re going to need the RTCMemoryFixup unless you experience the BIOS reset issues on boot" --> more or less, i have problem with time in bios, all the time shove me UTC, i need UTC+1, unless if it is irrelevant for mac and solid work, then i would not complicate

"The CPUFriend and HibernationFixup might be helpful but they are not necessary in most cases. " --> OK

The time in BIOS is not relevant to the macOS or Windows time but you can set the correct time in BIOS and see if that affects the macOS or Windows.

I have the same issue on my Z690 rig where time is shown incorrectly in BIOS but once OS is loaded the time is show correctly.

Ok, give this EFI a try,

Don't replace your current EFI just put the new one on a USB disk and boot your system from USB and test. You can change the SMBIOS like Serial Number, MLB, etc. settings if you want.

Since I don't have an Intel NUC system to test you need to do the testing yourself.

EFI 01.zip

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Ok, give this EFI a try,

Don't replace your current EFI just put the new one on a USB disk and boot your system from USB and test. You can change the SMBIOS like Serial Number, MLB, etc. settings if you want.

Since I don't have an Intel NUC system to test you need to do the testing yourself.

EFI 01.zip 26.89 MB · 0 downloads

i will do tomorrow.. Am i made a lot mistakes in my previous EFI?

and btw.. TNX for this:)

Edited by Sebseb
  • Like 1

myb you know something about this?... i would like little rise CPU power... Did you use anytime this?

• Package Power Limit 1 (Sustained): The power will not exceed the set value. The value should be set so that it is equal to the thermal design power (TDP) and not higher than the thermal solution cooling limits.
  • Package Power Limit 2 (Burst Mode): If the value is exceeded, the rapid power-limiting algorithms will attempt to limit any spikes above that value.
  • Package Power Time Windows (Tau): An averaging constant used for PL1 exponential weighted moving average (EWMA) power calculation.

3 hours ago, Sebseb said:
  • Package Power Limit 2 (Burst Mode): If the value is exceeded, the rapid power-limiting algorithms will attempt to limit any spikes above that value.

On my rig I changed the value of this setting to add more power to the CPU it's set to 230 I have a 12900K CPU so it might be different for your CPU.

But I guess if you use the initial settings as you have in the post above it will automatically change the values for you. Test them and use GeekBench to see if can provide better scores when you choose between those setting.

240409223735.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

On my rig I changed the value of this setting to add more power to the CPU it's set to 230 I have a 12900K CPU so it might be different for your CPU.

But I guess if you use the initial settings as you have in the post above it will automatically change the values for you. Test them and use GeekBench to see if can provide better scores when you choose between those setting.

also i will try and let you know:)

Edited by Sebseb
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

It didn't boot at all?

sorry for late answer; it booted,  but, also I had problems with USB ports and detection USB devices plus errors what you could see in sysreport

Edited by Sebseb

1 hour ago, Sebseb said:

sorry for late answer; it booted,  but, also I had problems with USB ports and detection USB devices plus errors what you could see in sysreport

No worries.

So the first EFI worked then, but I guess the USB kext and ACPI related files might need to be replaced with your own files, which I guess I did replace them.

What about the second EFI which I uploaded? I updated your own EFI and removed some files which might have not been necessary. Did it work?

9 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

No worries.

So the first EFI worked then, but I guess the USB kext and ACPI related files might need to be replaced with your own files, which I guess I did replace them.

What about the second EFI which I uploaded? I updated your own EFI and removed some files which might have not been necessary. Did it work?

Good morning:) , i will tell you later

• Like 1