Dear guests please register to be able to post and comment. Make sure to validate your account otherwise the unvalidated accounts will be automatically removed after 24 hours.

Sonoma 14.5 (23F79) WiFi not working

Irish_Man

I just updated from 14.1 and now my WiFi doesn't work.

Is there a fix for it. I did try OCLP but that didn't help.

Am I doing something wrong maybe. I Disabled SIP in Recovery mode but it doesn't say it's Disabled but Unknown.

I have all kext I need in this order: IOSkywalkFamily.kext; IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext; IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC.kext.

Csr-active-config is set to 03080000 and I added "csr-active-config" in Delete tab. OCPL says that all applicable patches are already installed.

anything I ado to fix it or WiFi is dead in 14.5?

Tnx

Screenshot2024-06-12at17_07_56.png.ea53ac698f86e05e713bd98db387a368.pngScreenshot2024-06-12at17_08_03.png.5fd7a7521e055d08749b99ef69120737.png

What I suggest is to revert the patches, reboot the system, make sure you have the latest AMFIPass.kext and the latest WiFi related kexts, once the system is back online apply the root patches using the latest OCLP build.

• Cyberdevs changed the title to Sonoma 14.5 (23F79) WiFi Inot working
  • Cyberdevs changed the title to Sonoma 14.5 (23F79) WiFi not working

Cyberdevs, thank you but I gave up and upgraded to Sequoia. After the upgrade I was getting a black screen just before login screen and I couldn't fix that.

Tried everything but no luck. By mistake, I plugged a wrong Usb with EFI folder that hasn't been updated since March 12 and I was able to boot to Sequoia. I was using that EFI on 14.1.

It's weird that I was able to boot to Sequoia with old kexts and OC.

Of course WiFi/Bt is not working but everything else is fine.

• Like 2

Hi all friends!! 

I hope you are doing good!! 

Im teste 2 Bluetooth Usb Adapter with Broadcom Chipset and one works very nice in Sequoia. Clover and Opencore. 

Kinivo BTD-400 is compatible with most of macOs systems. Need put only this on Bootloader Nvram 

Captura de Tela 2024-06-19 às 05.30.47.png

IMG_Kinivo.jpeg

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@Irish_Man Sequoia is on the first stages and many of the kexts need to be updated for working properly, specially old WiFi adapters, hold on a bit longer for developers to update the kexts.

Thats what I thought too 🙂

I still dont know how did I manage to boot to Sequoia with EFI that hasn't been updated since March. 

When it comes to WiFi/BT, I'm not in a hurry. Devs needs time, at least we can do is to be patient.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Irish_Man said:

I still dont know how did I manage to boot to Sequoia with EFI that hasn't been updated since March. 

Sequoia doesn't require specific setting that are required for Sonoma and OCLP patches so that's why it works fine with just a few tweaks to the config.plist

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 1:22 PM, Sebseb said:

Irish.. did you try in config.pkist with ExtendBTFeatureFlags:YES??

Actualy, Cyberdevs noticed that my Nvram values were wrong. After i fixed that, it worked like a charm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish_Man said:

Actualy, Cyberdevs noticed that my Nvram values were wrong. After i fixed that, it worked like a charm.

cool.. tnx for feedback

• Like 1