Dear guests please register to be able to post and comment. Make sure to validate your account otherwise the unvalidated accounts will be automatically removed after 24 hours.

If you want to install macOS Sonoma on your hackintosh you need to make few adjustments to your config.plist and add also three kexts to your EFI folder.

A note from @dhinakg to read before using OCLP:

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pull/1077#issuecomment-1646934494

"Hackintosh notes

While the project is designed for legacy Mac hardware, we know the community is quite interested in our development of Broadcom patches. For those who wish to use the Broadcom patches on non-standard machines such as Hackintoshes, see below:

Enabling Patching support for modern Broadcom Cards (Click to Expand)

To use our current patches, you'll need to ensure the following:

System Integrity Protection is set to 0x803csr-active-config | data | 03080000

Reset NVRAM or add csr-active-config to Delete to ensure the new variable is set

AMFI is disabled

boot-args | string | amfi=0x80 or you can use AMFIPass.kext to avoid using the amfi=0x80 boot argument which disables AMFI completely.

Secure Boot Model is set to Disabled

Following kexts are blocked:

com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily Set the Strategy of the blocked kext to "Exclude" (Reference)

Set MinKernel to 23.0.0 to ensure patches only apply on Sonoma

Following kexts are injected:

IOSkywalk.kext

IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext

Kext has a child, AirPortBrcmNIC.kext, ensure this is injected as well

Set MinKernel to 23.0.0 to ensure patches only apply on Sonoma

Once these are injected, you can run OpenCore-Patcher's Post-Install option and root patch. On reboot, Wireless support should be restored assuming your machine was configured correctly to the above."

Screen-Shot-2023-07-30-at-11_24.01-PM.png.6a84c767a5044cf186a6a6fbf96fa327.png

Screen-Shot-2023-07-30-at-11_24.12-PM.png.792d00f21d0bdcf6e8a5b7ef215d6554.png

Screen-Shot-2023-07-30-at-11_24.59-PM.png.a838008371291e770a2ae735c8c6ac85.png

Screen-Shot-2023-07-30-at-11_25.05-PM.png.c3f4a58bc7f87eda6d8b2aa664f55a6b.png

Wireless Kexts.zip

• Like 3

There is a new beta available for download:

23A5301h

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/41/53/042-25574-A_YJ7607N1CB/dwkoslehspd77g1c717yvjfdpj9rq6c1s4/InstallAssistant.pkg

If you already have root-patches installed you won't be able to get the incremental updates instead you'll have to download the full installer via software update or form the link above.

To revert the root patches you need to run OpenCore Patcher and select the Post-Install Root Patch and then click Revert Patches and after rebooting the system you will get the incremental update.

OCLP-Revert_root-Patching.png.aedcb20a1562f597d6c13b3d2ac694d3.png

Once the update is done you can apply the root patches to enable the wireless adapter's functionality.

Screenshot-2023-08-01-at-1_19_32AM.jpg.29c3363936ad16a028b24263df08c005.jpg

• Like 2

• Cyberdevs changed the title to Installing macOS Sonoma Beta on a Hackintosh
  • Cyberdevs changed the title to [Hackintosh] Installing macOS Sonoma Beta
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this Geekish ritual where I test among other things, the boot times after every update.

I have to say so far Sonoma is quite impressive on that score. On my machine, a Cold Boot including entering the password takes 45 -48 seconds to reach the Desktop

depending how quick I can enter my P/W.

So at this point, I would say judging by some bug fixes, we are will on our way to the RC Version.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-08-23at09_00_50.png.494a475d646ccb1db6280582d8294306.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@eSaF

What kind of SSD do you use?

Hi - Despite some negative reports on some Samsung SSDs, I have Sonoma on a Samsung 860 EVO 500gb.

Ventura on a Samsung 980 Pro 500gb.

Big Sur on a Viper M.2 VPR100 500gb (because I was attracted by the pretty lights)?

Windos11 on a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500gb.

This MSI Z490 Board unfortunately only has two M.2 Slots unlike my other Z590 Gigabyte board which has 4 slots I think (I don't use this board it's too finicky to setup as a Hack and back in it's box but kept as an emergency board).

Once Sonoma is finally released I may invest in a Western Digital SSD or M.2 probably 1 or 2TB in size as prices are way down now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

But I have to set setApfsTrimTimeout to 0 otherwise it takes longer for macOS to boot.

By setting APFSTrimTime out to 0, I take it as Disabled. I just checked all my Disks and Trim is Enabled on all.

But I am sure I read somewhere that most if not all modern Drives has their own inbuilt mechanism to effect garbage collection and not needing third party intervention so it's no biggie Enabled or Disabled by the OS if I am understanding it correctly.

• Like 1

@eSaF

Yes, setting it to 0 disables it on boot not entirely when macOS is loaded and while it is working, that's why when it's set to -1 macOS takes longer to boot.

From https://dortania.github.io/docs/latest/Configuration.html:

"Trim operations are only affected at booting phase when the startup volume is mounted. Either specifying timeout, or completely disabling trim with 0, will not affect normal macOS running."

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 5:01 AM, eSaF said:

I have this Geekish ritual where I test among other things, the boot times after every update.

I have to say so far Sonoma is quite impressive on that score. On my machine, a Cold Boot including entering the password takes 45 -48 seconds to reach the Desktop

depending how quick I can enter my P/W.

So at this point, I would say judging by some bug fixes, we are will on our way to the RC Version.

Hide contents

Hi my brothers, @eSaF and @Cyberdevs im think you (eSaF) need fix SSDTs especially using SSDTTime. My boot is around 12 seconds. But im need worked to put this fine. My new PC im change, and use WD SN850X 1 TB. Very nice and fast. 

I have use too  EVO860 SSD on my Lenovo and EVO 970 Plus NVme on my others Hack, never pass to 18 seconds. Maybe you need check update your Firmware with Samsung Magician program on Windows. After upgrade that, my Nvme its all ok. 

But if you can avoid of this Samsung's its better ...

Best Regards

Edited by Max.1974
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

My new PC im change, and use WD SN850X 1 TB. Very nice and fast. 

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback and tip, actually I plan to try a 1TB Western Digital Drive once Sonoma is finally released.

Thanks again. ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

I have use too  EVO860 SSD on my Lenovo and EVO 970 Plus NVme on my others Hack, never pass to 18 seconds.

Hi Bro - I find your boot time of 18 seconds incredible if correct. I decide to build my own SSDT Files using SSDTTime as I was using the default ones from Dortania and found little change in my Boot Times.

I think you have to factor in a few things that will have an impact on how fast the machine will boot up from the moment you push the 'On Button' (Cold Boot) i.e I have Boot Chime Enabled, Trim is enabled on all Drives, Icon Menu and Wall Paper instead of the Default Text Menu as well as entering my P/W.

My PSU has a built in Pre-check Power Supply safety feature to ensure the power is adequate before it is sent to the board and components which results in a time lag of approximately 3 seconds.

On changing the SSDTs from prebuilt to ones I built and testing resulted in no discernible change in Boot Time.

Testing results are 44.18 - to 45.00 Seconds which I think as a lay person is quite good. Possibly if I removed the Boot Chime and Icon Boot Menu and Wall Paper, the Boot Time will be reduced drastically but I like the way it is.

It would be interesting to see your Intel Power Gadget results, here is mine.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-08-27at01_17_58.png.5a39663e4db04a00721137dafc637936.png

• Like 3

@eSaF

For me with a cold boot it takes 34 seconds to boot into desktop (on Monterey) and that's whit clicking on Monterey disk to boot from in OC picker GUI. and I use Auto login.

I haven't tested Sonoma yet because on my main rig (Z690) I'm still using Monterey.

• Like 1

Hello my dear friends, I hope you'll forgive me for the delay, but I'm still getting used to the new Cyberdevs website, which, by the way, looks wonderful. I consider booting from the beginning of Opencore. That is, when it actually starts. Because even my newest motherboard, Z790, takes longer than the old ones, because it's lighter. As for the other factors, I don't use Chime even on my Macbook because I think I have a problem with noise, but only time will tell. As far as SSDTTime is concerned, if you configure it correctly, and add the correct Patch in the Patch tab, then it's perfect. My Raptor Lake boots in 12 seconds, with the WD SN850X 1TB, and I made the firmware of my Samsung EVO 790 Plus with i5 9th, Coffee Lake with the GA B360M Aorus card very nice. Bios updated and without Windows!!!

Best Regards my friends, God bless you are

@Cyberdevs and @eSaF 

OTA Update Sonoma Beta 7 nice and smooth!!!

Spoiler

image.png.2595fd44d255b557dd08a161dae66ab1.png

Spoiler

image.png.15b3890e26bdd49ef0983c06d17b69fb.png

• Like 3

I installed macOS Sonoma Developers Preview 7 on my Kaby Lake and after two failed attempts after updating OpenCore and the kext and resetting the NVRAM i was able to install it.

Spoiler

image.png.6a20fc0453b449aa5cc01388b7e82c2e.png

@perez987

As usual I had to revert the OCLP patches for my Fenvi T919 BT/Wi-Fi card and the incremental update went fine.

The DP 6 and DP7 are the most stable releases I've tested so far and the I guess next Sonoma release will be the RC!

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-08-30at1_23_26PM.png.70c33098819c34605827a160fd5faaca.png

• Like 2

I am genuinely impressed with Sonoma, it is a step up from Ventura for real.

Once it is finally released hopefully at the end of September, I will purchase a 1TB WD SN NVMe and clean install.

It will be a bit of a task as I have quite a few programs to install but as I have time in abundance, it's no biggie.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-08-31at15_42_55.png.ad85f3c5eb3442766306ff962ee708e8.png

• Like 2

@eSaF

I totally agree with you. the feel and the performance of macOS Sonoma is really good.

I might switch to Sonoma once it's released, I stayed on Monterey because I didn't like the performance of Ventura on my Z690 hack but Sonoma got me excited (minus the stupid click to show desktop to show blah blah) but I think I can get used to it tho.

• Like 2

Updated flawlessly to beta 7.

Z390 + 6600 XT + i9-9900.

OpenCore 0.9.4 with OCLP AMFIPass.kext and root patch applied to get Fenvi wifi working

SMBIOS: iMac19,1 without RestrictEvents.

Full size update (not incremental).

Here is a summary of Sonoma updates (thanks @Cyberdevs) referring to desktops using iMac, ImacPro or MacPro SMBIOS:

1. About getting update notifications 

• iMac19,1 SMBIOS (T2 absent) gets Sonoma updates
  • T2 SMBIOSes don’t get Sonoma updates
  • T2 SMBIOSes with vmm setting (sbvmm, kernel patches or cpuid flag) get Sonoma updates.

2. About full or incremental updates

• OCLP root patched systems get full size updates
  • systems without OCLP root patch (or root patch reverted): on all machines (T2 and not T2 models) RestrictEvents.kext and revpatch=sbvmm (or kernel patches or cpuid flag) are required to get the incremental update. Without this, they get full updates.
  • Like 3